Wakeboarding New Zealand is a not for profit incorporated society registered in New Zealand.
The objectives of the association are:
- To provide a national association for those involved in, or interested in the sport of wakeboarding in New Zealand.
- To encourage participation in the sport of wakeboarding in New Zealand.
- To promote and develop the sport of wakeboarding in New Zealand.
- To encourage, and foster, the formation of regional wakeboarding clubs and groupings within New Zealand.
- To liaise with and where possible co-operate and work with, wakeboarding clubs and organisations in other parts of the world.
- To run wakeboarding events and competitions, and, from time to time, national championships for wakeboarding in New Zealand.
- To select wakeboarders to represent New Zealand at domestic, overseas and international, wakeboarding events.
- To work with, and if appropriate affiliate to, organisation whose purposes and aims are deemed by the association to coincide with, or be compatible with, the other objects of the association.
- To sponsor, encourage, or promote all of the foregoing objects.