Here’s all you need to know about riding in any of this season’s Wake NZ events.
Wake NZ runs around four competitions each summer season. We have an ability-based competition format, which caters for all levels of riding. So, it doesn’t matter how experienced or talented you are – you have the opportunity to ride with or against people at the same level as you!
You’re able to register for each event on this website. Go to Events, and click on the one you want to ride in, and sign up. We don’t accept payments via the website – these will need to be processed directly into our bank account, or sent via cheque.
New divisions for 2019-20
We will be restoring the age-based division classifications, with a couple of tweaks in the Masters and Veterans age group:
- Grommets (boys and girls) – 8 and under
- Grommets (boys and girls) – 9 to 10
- Junior Girls – 11-14 years old
- Junior Boys – 11-14 years old
- Junior Women – 15-18 years old
- Junior Men – 15-18 years old
- Mixed Men – 19-29 years old
- Mixed Women – 19-29 years old
- Masters Men – 30-40 years old*
- Masters Women – 30-40 years old*
- Veteran Men – 40+ **
- Veteran Women – 40+ **
- Open Men
- Open Women
* Masters division has been extended – previously was 30-35 years old
** Veteran division has been changed – previously was 35+
The age group a rider will be able to compete in this season will be the age they are as at the 31st of December of the year of the competition event.
For example, if the competition date is January 25th 2020, then the age of this rider as at 31st of December 2020 will determine the division that the rider may enter.
PLUS! We are mixing it up by adding 2 new novice classes:
1. Novice Junior (18 and under)
2. Novice Senior (19 and over)
The novice classes are intended to provide an opportunity for amateur riders at all levels to enjoy the fun of a Wake NZ competition.
In the novice classes there will be a trick maximum/limit of 180s and grabs. If you can do more than this you are a legend.
All divisions will run regardless of number of riders entered.