09 May New divisions announced for 2019-20 Wake NZ Season
9 May 2019
Wake NZ has for the past two seasons, run an ability-based format for our events (with the exception of Nationals, which runs under an aged based system, in line with international events).
We are changing divisions for the 2019-20 season, in response to all the feedback we have received on this over the past year. Here’s what you can expect:
New divisions for 2019-20
We will be restoring the age-based division classifications, with a couple of tweaks in the Masters and Veterans age group:
- Grommets (boys and girls) – 8 and under
- Grommets (boys and girls) – 9 to 10
- Junior Girls – 11-14 years old
- Junior Boys – 11-14 years old
- Junior Women – 15-18 years old
- Junior Men – 15-18 years old
- Mixed Men – 19-29 years old
- Mixed Women – 19-29 years old
- Masters Men – 30-40 years old*
- Masters Women – 30-40 years old*
- Veteran Men – 40+ **
- Veteran Women – 40+ **
- Open Men
- Open Women
* Masters division has been extended – previously was 30-35 years old
** Veteran division has been changed – previously was 35+
Age is determined as at 1 January on the year of the Nationals event.
So for the 2019-20 season, we expect to hold events in Nov/Dec 2019, and through Jan-April 2020. Your age for all these events will be determined as age at 1 January 2020.
PLUS! We are mixing it up by adding 2 new novice classes:
1. Novice Junior (18 and under)
2. Novice Senior (19 and over)
The novice classes are intended to provide an opportunity for amateur riders at all levels to enjoy the fun of a Wake NZ competition.
In the novice classes there will be a trick maximum/limit of 180s and grabs. If you can do more than this you are a legend.